POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Endless Palace (WIP2) : Re: The Endless Palace (WIP2) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Endless Palace (WIP2)
From: clipka
Date: 3 Feb 2009 20:20:00
Message: <web.4988ed21206592135c2186730@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> I know I said I didn't have more time to work on it at present, and it's true, I
> don't.  But sometimes my distractions overpower my focus.

I bet this is a typical trait of creative people, and therefore nothing to be
ashamed of :) (I *hope* it is, otherwise I'd have to start worrying about
myself ;))

> I think this is a significant improvement over the previous images.

Oh yeah!

With the big door not showing up that frequently anymore it seems to have lost
"weight" somehow - for the better.

It's a pity the dome doesn't show up; maybe you should reserve the right to
place a few items "by hand".

(BTW, I'm not so much reminded to works of Escher, but some shots of Gilles
Tran, except that he stacked his houses vertically (and they carried a much
darker atmosphere)... but then again, he may have been inspired by Escher,
too...)