POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: alphaQuad
Date: 30 Jan 2009 23:30:01
Message: <web.4983d3887624d145fd0f18610@news.povray.org>

http://www.glgroup.com/News/CX717--Cortex-Pharmaceuticals-Ampakine-Drug-for-ADHD-Struck-Down-by-FDA-17844.html

> > How many times do hear the FDA lie to me before I stop believing.?????
> >
> > Analysis: Ampakines potentiate neurotransmission at AMPA-type glutamate
> > receptors, enhance arousal and attention, and have shown potential
> > neuroprotective effects. The FDA’s denial, based on animal toxicity studies,
> > suggests to me that there may be evidence that CX717 had some neurotoxic
> > effects. Overexcitation of AMPA-type glutamate receptors have been shown to
> > cause cell death.
> >
> > I need the results from a second unbiased observer before I can believe things
> > the FDA says.
> >
> Many times, the do those animal tests using HUGE amounts of a given substance.
> They give about 1 gram a day to mice. Given that a mice weight at 20 to 30
> grams, For a 200 pounds man, it's akind of taking 10 pounds of the stuff per
> day, for several years... Then, they detect a 1 to 5% increase in cancers in the
> mice. They thus brand it as carcinogen and bann it.
>
> The product is intended to be used as food coloring, and, in the worst case,
> nobody could take more than 0.1 gram a day, and probably not every day.
> How about eating 10 pounds of the yellow-5 food colourant in a day?
>
> Or, the product is NOT to be taken internaly at all, but they still feed mice
> with it. How about eating 10 pounds of hand soap or body lotion in a day?
>
> --
> Alain
> Islam: If shit happens, blame Israel.

Alain, you are awesome. I think I've mentioned the delightful sound of your
handle. It is a pleasure to hear from you. Your remarks show you are one of the
intelligent ones.

But I will not take crap off of Kyle or anyone, sorry you all had to see that,
unless you enjoy someone getting their just deserts. And I am not talking about
me. What must be done in a case like this is often offensive to me, but I have a
stronger penchant to tell the truth about what I see in such disrespectful
people as Kyle.

Again, all apologies for reality (a reality I cannot apologize for) and all my
appreciation to the mentally gifted, gifted enough to see the horrifying
reality of the creepy, greedy, dominating, heartless, profiteering FDA DEA etc.
A truth some fools on this board want to silence.

Wish I could say more, there is so much I would say, Dear Alain