POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: alphaQuad
Date: 30 Jan 2009 17:10:01
Message: <web.498379ba7624d145fd0f18610@news.povray.org>
> Jim Henderson wrote:

> >> Not quite.

> >> Different principle. In homeopathy, you inject people with small doses
> >> of distilled water that at one time was near some molecules of what you
> >> were allergic to, and the ghosts of those molecules stimulate you to do
> >> your thing.

Without going into detail, my understanding is that homeopathy has empirical
(observed, experiential, pragmatic) impact on the body. But your explanation
really paints a clearer picture of the reality. Fascinating.

> > Basically it's a similar principle, though.
>
> Except for the part about ghosts.
>
> Faith healing and antibiotics are the same thing too, except for the part
> about the germ theory of disease. :-)
>
> --
>    Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    "Ouch ouch ouch!"
>    "What's wrong? Noodles too hot?"
>    "No, I have Chopstick Tunnel Syndrome."

WOW and in spite of Kyle's attempt to squash the conversation an interesting
point of view as been presented stemming from Sam's excellent redirection, that
Kyle TRIED (and apparently was successful) to stifle by degrading and cutting
down others. Too bad Sam is not here to discuss this now, because he always has
the most brilliant words and valid information.