POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Leg-oh : Leg-oh Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Leg-oh
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 29 Jan 2009 19:40:01
Message: <web.49824c32afe21782219167190@news.povray.org>
What ho

I've had a play with using HDRI lighting instead of regular
background/radiosity/light_sources. Here's another classic space set, late 80s
I think but I can't find a ref for it. I expect I can improve the HDRI render,
but I think I prefer the bog-standard one (see second post), even if it is a
bit dark.

As can be seen, I got LSynth working on hoses. It only does a few types, but
luckily all the space sets use the same ribbed hose so that's OK. Took a bit of
trial and error but it's quite easy once you get the hang of it. I also added a
few more of Anton Raves' pieces to the lgeo library, most notably the
tailfin-with-engine featured in this model, and cleaned up the textures a bit
more.

....and I've got a large backlog of models to be rendered! :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cruiser_hdri.jpg' (206 KB)