POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! : Re: Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woo, GPU!
From: clipka
Date: 28 Jan 2009 17:30:01
Message: <web.4980dbe161b8707ed52c367a0@news.povray.org>
> Wanna take a guess what the distance between the motherboard's
> PCI-Express sockets and the motherboard's SATA sockets is?
>
> Hint: It isn't 110 mm.
>
> So... unless I don't connect any SATA devices, it is *actually
> impossible* to fit this particular graphics card. Weeeeee!! :-D

ROFL!

So until now, you *definitely* need a new power plant, and as it seems a new
mainboard (or an older hard drive) for this Big Bad Brick of Pure Pixel Power,
huh?

What's next? Drivers requiring a new OS, output connector incompatible with your
old display, and card too heavy to be supported by the case? ;)

Gee, maybe you should've bought a new computer right away, after all :P

This reminds me, I actually once resorted to (mini-) angle grinder work to
upgrade the graphics of some computer... the corner of a PCI expansion slot had
to make way =B)