POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 23 Jan 2009 16:00:00
Message: <web.497a2edfc722a95ad10cb1e70@news.povray.org>
Severi Salminen <sev### [at] NOTTHISsaunalahtifiinvalid> wrote:
> Dan Connelly wrote:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.47b1299720742c82ae42298f0%40news.povray.org%3E/dra
gon.jpg

> > I love the effect of the subsurface scattering.  It'll be exciting when
> > that gets into the 3.7 release.
>
> Where can I find the dragon model? Is it available for free?

Sure is, if you got a nice broad connection!
The Stanford University Scanning Repository:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

It's in .ply format, so you'll need a converter for .obj etc. I used

http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

but I expect there's plenty of other options.

Nice selection of images, although I rather think my tetrahedron test render
looks a little out of place... :)