POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Jan 2009 15:20:00
Message: <web.497a253fc722a95af50167bc0@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> clipka escreveu:
> > Plus, add that "unfinished sphere" shot, by all means - if only for the sake of
> > the ingenious concept!
>
> Yes! :D

I second that!

Here's something to contemplate: Should the HOF showcase images that only show
off POV-Ray's impressive 'strengths'? Or should it also include POV images that
have pictorial beauty, regardless of what techniques were used?  (Of course,
having both at the same time is the ideal; but they are different philosophical
concepts.) I kind of sense that the general attitude is for including, first and
foremost, the 'strengths' side of things. I don't disagree; but that may be
slighting some of the more intrinsically beautiful or complex images in p.b.i,
those that have great subject matter, composition or what-not, but which may
not have gobs of radiosity, depth-of-field, SSS, etc.

Either type of image would be most welcome, IMO.

Ken W.