POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet more Lego : Re: Yet more Lego Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more Lego
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Jan 2009 04:10:01
Message: <web.4978379d63dfa6b16dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Yeah, as I guessed - the blue/grey ones I'm referring to are the 1978/79
> models...

Ah, right. I don't think I've ever seen any of those. Must google for them.

> Anyway, the "starfleet voyager" was the "most missing" of them all...

It's certainly a nice model, and sticks in my mind because it was the earliest
and (for a long time) largest I had. I like the earlier ones better in some
ways because they were built from more 'bog-standard' bricks; in the Voyager
there are very few speciality space parts, whereas many of the later models
(late 80s onwards) seemed to be all fancy wings, engines and snazzy window
panels.

I'm trying to master flexible hoses using LSynth at the mo - many of the models
I own use these and it's fiddly, grr. I shall unleash some more renders in a
couple of days :)