POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"? : Re: Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"?
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jan 2009 17:50:01
Message: <web.497653ecc0d58302a8b1e7e60@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   The most common, and also easiest, task for which gdb is very handy is
> determining the exact point where a program crashes. You do it like this:

I'll give it a try next time I have a segfault or other crash to track down - I
guess it will be faster that valgrind for that job :)

Unfortunately, with debug information and no optimizations I don't see any crash
(still hoping for something to pop up in valgrind during cleanup though; we're
at 89% right now). But with a little luck it's the optimizations that make the
error surface, not the absence of debug info, so there is still hope that it
might get me somewhere.