POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"? : Re: Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"?
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jan 2009 13:20:00
Message: <web.497614aac0d58302a8b1e7e60@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hah, so that's why you either don't know about gdb or don't want to use
> it for debugging... ;)

I have, basically, not the slightest idea about how to debug on Linux. I just
picture that, judging from popular Linux-jockey tools like vi and such, it
might be VERY far from trivial to get going... something like good old DOS
"debug" comes to my mind - me no want ;)

I also overheard work colleagues who were faced with the new challenge of
embedded Linux development (many having no Linux experience whatsoever), and
complained in particular about the lack of good debugging tools suitable for
"Windows-compatible" brains.

(Then again, I was somewhat surprised about ease of use with valgrind...
although unfortunately it didn't encounter the segfault, nor print any warning
at ~68% (it's at 72% right now); looks like it is subject to rare
coincidences.)