POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"? : Re: Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone force-test "balcony.pov"?
From: clipka
Date: 19 Jan 2009 17:00:01
Message: <web.4974f6f3c0d583029b482c50@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Sounds like a job for valgrind, but I don't know if that's practical for
> something this large.  I used it yesterday.  A bad pointer started causing
> problems in a completely unrelated spot.  Took a couple minutes to solve with
> valgrind.

I have no experience whatsoever with that tool. What does it do? Is it easy to
use? I'm not developing on Linux, I just compile and run my code on it for
performance and render quality evaluation (my QuadCore happens to run Linux,
and having POV crunch away systematically on a bunch of ~30 standard scenes is
a piece of cake with a few shell scripts; doing the same on my Windows XP P4
and still trying to do other stuff besides would be a PITA ;)).