POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More lego : More lego Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  More lego
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 17 Jan 2009 21:00:00
Message: <web.49728c4eea4df2dfd10cb1e70@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone, not posted for a while, xmas, new year and winter sports have
conspired to keep me from POV-Ray for a while :-).

All the recent lego nostalgia caught my eye, so I went over to ldraw.org for a
nose around. Got hold of ldraw, l3p, lgeo and Bricksmith for MacOSX, and I've
been pulling out some of my old classic space lego sets for some rendering. I
originally tried using Anton Raves' converter, which is excellent, but too many
common pieces were missing so I persevered with lgeo. Bricksmith is a little
tedious to use (although to be fair, most CAD is pretty tedious with only a
touchpad!), but here's some decent fruit from my tinkering. It took a few hours
to build in Bricksmith, and about 30 mins to render.

I've fiddled with the textures a little, mainly to do away with the silly
ambient settings and improve the reflections and transparency a little, but I
have to say I'm very impressed with this library. The parts are extremely
detailed.

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: