POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My cat looking at something : Re: My cat looking at something Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My cat looking at something
From: Grassblade
Date: 11 Jan 2009 08:30:00
Message: <web.4969f40050d34e4985703a360@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Still blood-stained excrements, because me, I am. Wanted to have the complete
> Morphing Fantasy Dress set (plus some), and figured it would be the least
> expensive way to get it.
>
> I guess it actually pays off, provided you plan on getting some additional basic
> stuff anyway. There's a lot of models you can get for just $1.99 apiece as a
> Platinum member. Including, as I just found out - ta-daaaah! - the Millenium
> Cat (Limited Edition; or actually all of the Millenium LE stuff as it seems...
> they don't come with textures though, so again blood-stained droppings. The Mil
> Cat in that bundle, btw, is LE as well.)
>
> However, from what I see in demo shots of the Mil Cat or expansion packs for it,
> it seems to suffer from similar weaknesses as the Poser Cat when it comes to
> sitting poses (although possibly not as extreme). So it might not even be worth
> the $1.99, given that you need to pay extra for textures.

I broke down and bought a plat subscription late last year.
Anyway, regarding the DAZ cat you can find some free everyday poses here:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/23746/poser/Everyday-MilCat-Poses?division_id=11
and decide if it looks more realistic than the Poser one. I haven't had a cat
since I was a kid, so I'm not well placed to determine how real they look.