POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My cat looking at something : Re: My cat looking at something Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My cat looking at something
From: clipka
Date: 11 Jan 2009 08:10:00
Message: <web.4969ef3c50d34e493dcb84c80@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Wasn't it free only for Platinum Club members? I am certainly not one of
> those.

Still blood-stained excrements, because me, I am. Wanted to have the complete
Morphing Fantasy Dress set (plus some), and figured it would be the least
expensive way to get it.

I guess it actually pays off, provided you plan on getting some additional basic
stuff anyway. There's a lot of models you can get for just $1.99 apiece as a
Platinum member. Including, as I just found out - ta-daaaah! - the Millenium
Cat (Limited Edition; or actually all of the Millenium LE stuff as it seems...
they don't come with textures though, so again blood-stained droppings. The Mil
Cat in that bundle, btw, is LE as well.)

However, from what I see in demo shots of the Mil Cat or expansion packs for it,
it seems to suffer from similar weaknesses as the Poser Cat when it comes to
sitting poses (although possibly not as extreme). So it might not even be worth
the $1.99, given that you need to pay extra for textures.