POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Vertex-motionblur in Megapov : Re: Vertex-motionblur in Megapov Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vertex-motionblur in Megapov
From: H  Karsten
Date: 10 Jan 2009 12:40:00
Message: <web.4968dbeb84f4b9bc20776f0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> ..So is it just a linear
> interpolation between successive frames?
>
>  - Ricky

Yes, the interpolation is just from the current frame to the next. But I'm think
about to build a "natural_spline" for each vertex, five values per spline
(coming from five frames). This would give a _much_ better interpolation and it
would be possible to make timewarps by defining a time_spline for the camera and
another for the scene - something like this. The motionblur keeps very strong,
while everything (or just the scene, or the just camera, slows down)

I'm still working on it. I'm also build a interpolation between matrix-values to
get a motionblur by exporting simple translations.

I'm already build an exporter for matrix translations.
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/attachment/%3Cweb.491889e0fd2a694020776f0%40news.povray.org%3E/m2.avi
.dat

The Robot was modeled in Rhino, in Max I'm just animated a lowpoly-version of
it. The rendered geometrie you see in the clip never ever goes throe Max.
PovRay just take the Matrix (exported from Max with the build in
VUE-File-Renderer), take the monster-polygon-version and render this...

But there is still a lot of work to do :)

Holger