POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cubic panorama : Re: Cubic panorama Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubic panorama
From: clipka
Date: 7 Jan 2009 03:20:00
Message: <web.496464e3fbde5d71fe60fc2c0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is useful to anyone, but it turns out cubic panoramas are
> very easy.  I just pointed a 90 degree perspective camera in all six
> directions, and put the resulting hdr images on six faces of a cube.

If your only intention is to use the resulting shot in another POV scene, then
it's probably even better to use a spherical (lat/long) camera, so you just use
spherical projection when using the shot. No trouble with edges at all, no
problem with different shots using different radiosity data (because it's all
one single shot anyway), and virtually no problem with interpolation either.