POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A New Crop of Tubs : Re: A New Crop of Tubs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A New Crop of Tubs
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 5 Jan 2009 17:45:00
Message: <web.49628cbb9a0e1a3281c811d20@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > The lighting is not radiosity, but rather a lighting macro I developed over the
> > past few years.  The lights are basically a dome of area lights of varying
> > size/colour/intensity, placed according to an HDRI light probe.  The HDRI is
> > also used as the environment background to provide realistic reflections.
>
> I'd be very interested in that macro - you mind publishing it (or maybe even
> have published it already)?

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.46488bca4e05d400c150d4c10@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=292
702&toff=50

I have made some modifications since then though.
You need HDR support to use it.  I use megaPOV.  It should work in 3.7beta, but
I can't guarantee that until we get a final 3.7 and I can test it fully.

-tgq