POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A New Crop of Tubs : Re: A New Crop of Tubs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A New Crop of Tubs
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 5 Jan 2009 13:35:00
Message: <web.496252779a0e1a3281c811d20@news.povray.org>
"kike" <dry### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I dont find any sense for this image, but anyway, the quality is so, so, so good
> that I have to say CONGRATULATIONS. I love the realism of lighting. You have
> used a terribly good radiosity settings, isnt it?
>
> Great!!!

There is no sense in it.  Just an abstract/surreal/art piece.  It was actually
inspired by a bunch of painted tubs in a field under a tree that I pass on my
way to work.

The lighting is not radiosity, but rather a lighting macro I developed over the
past few years.  The lights are basically a dome of area lights of varying
size/colour/intensity, placed according to an HDRI light probe.  The HDRI is
also used as the environment background to provide realistic reflections.

-tgq