POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: clipka
Date: 3 Jan 2009 02:15:01
Message: <web.495f0fafcd9d1e758f3cb1a30@news.povray.org>
> >> Actually, it is not more complex than integer addition and multiplication.
> <snip>
> > - Normalize the smaller number to match the larger one's exponent
> <snip>
>
> This is a simple shifting operation. The other operations you mentioned are
> bit-tests and other simple logic on a few bits.

And yet it doesnt change the fact that it *IS* more complex than integer
addition: It is not just an elementary operation, but a combination of multiple
such ops.

Well, maybe not much more complex than the int multiplication, but that wasn't
my initial point anyway. I'd call integer multiplication non-trivial in that
sense as well.