POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 : Re: mesh2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2
From: clipka
Date: 2 Jan 2009 22:15:00
Message: <web.495ed7f67707fe408f3cb1a30@news.povray.org>
Wijnand Nijs <w.n### [at] alf4alldemonnl> wrote:
> The testbed explains a lots for me (thanks) but... I don't know if it is
> the way I am play around, but when I declare a texture_list I can do
> with the texture (f.e. leave it transparant) and interior_texture (f.e.
> make it pigment {rgb <0,0,1>}) nothing helps. Or has it somthing to do
> with the version (my version is: 3.6.1.msvc8.win64).

I guess the thing is quite simple: The generic "texture" and "interior_texture"
are fallback textures that are applied to all triangles that don't have a
texture_list item assigned. So if you do assign a texture_list item, that
texture is applied to both sides, and both "texture" and "interior_texture"
remain without effect to this triangle.

It's a pity there is nothing like a "interior_texture_list", but I guess we have
to live with this limitation for now.

What you could do would be to split up the mesh object by textures before
exporting to POV-Ray, strip each of the resulting objects of the texture_list,
and assign both a texture and interior_texture. Finally combine them via a
union.