POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Cabal : Re: The Cabal Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Cabal
From: clipka
Date: 2 Jan 2009 21:35:00
Message: <web.495ecddc4e21d8cc8f3cb1a30@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:
> > "ten times faster" sounds a bit unlikely to me however. How much time are we
> > talking about?

What I meant was, are we talking about seconds vs. tens of seconds, or more like
hours vs. tens of hours?

> I also have one possible explanation: IIRC the image uses radiosity and
> AFAIK the radiosity implementations differ between 3.6 and 3.7, being
> able to create huge differences between render times. Feel free to
> correct me if I'm wrong.

You're not wrong, but I wouldn't attribute too much of a speedup to those
difference. I can only imagine a considerable gain from those if you're using a
high count combined with a high recursion limit.