POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: clipka
Date: 2 Jan 2009 14:30:00
Message: <web.495e6ad9cd9d1e759fcd4c570@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   However, backwards compatibility is such a big deal that I don't see
> this coming anytime soon.

Nobody is saying anything else :)

All they say is basically: "Take care - if you want your software to have a long
live expectancy, you may want to stop using x87 FPU in 64-bit mode"

> People simply won't buy a computer
> which cannot run their software. It's that simple.

:)

They keep buying new OS versions which cannot run their software (they even run
for leaked pre-beta versions), so why should they be any more picky with their
hardware :)