POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More byproducts of the radiosity discussions... : Re: More byproducts of the radiosity discussions... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More byproducts of the radiosity discussions...
From: triple r
Date: 31 Dec 2008 17:40:00
Message: <web.495bf3a16422692f48cd84a0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Trying out a very similar scene in MC-POV, but at 1:30, I can tell you that the
> 1 hour result won't be worth posting.  Of course I can be very patient if I
> need to, so no complaints here!  Speaking of MC-POV though, are there any plans
> to include the montecarlo subsurface scattering?

Well, here's the MC-POV version I did last night anyway.  It's about twenty
hours of serial time (divided by two cores) with a single point source behind
the wall, and a blue source inside the room.  The problem with MC-POV seems to
be that some effects end up over-sampled while others are very noisy.  I
haven't figured out how to control this well, yet.  Perhaps better portal setup
would fix the problem, but at the moment I think radiosity is the horse to bet
on for most scenes.  You do get nice sharp shadows with path-tracing, though.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test1.jpg' (66 KB)