POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : One Word : Re: One Word Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One Word
From: alphaQuad
Date: 31 Dec 2008 14:05:01
Message: <web.495bc1f1877dfbf384d3a0c50@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:

> Though I wouldn't consider raytracing as geeky hobby. I think it's more
> mathematical hobby.
>
> -Aero

Exactly, math is key, hence my triangulation.inc:

I wrote it and would be lost without it, because just figuring all that stuff
out doesn't mean I memorized it, I only know how to use it. I saw the some math
show on pbs about 8 years ago and hit record on the VCR, it was sine and cosine
laws. Everything fell into place after that ...

Triangulation.inc      ABC=vectors abc=floats

3D Macros:
  incenter(A,B,C)
  centroid(A,B,C)
  ccenter(A,B,C)                   circumcenter
  orthocenter(A,B,C)
  normal_vector(A,B,C)
  midpoint(A,B)

  rotation(r,Axis,Point)
  _rotate(sine,cosine,Axis,Point)

  circumradius(A,B,C)              float
  inner_radius(A,B,C)              float
  radang3(A,B,C)                   Angle at B in radians
  pyramid_volume(A,B,C,D,E)
  tetrahedron_volume(A,B,C,D)

Functions:
  inneradius(a,b,c)      3 lens
  outeradius(a,b,c)

  sss_area(a,b,c)
  sas_area(s,a,s2)
  bh_area(b,h)           Base Height

  sss_height(a,b,c)      height to side2
  sas_cos(s,a,s2)        Side Angle Side - solve length of missing side

  aas_sin(a,b,s)         AAS solve opposing side of angle2 (b)
  asa_sin(a,s,b)         ASA solve opposing side of angle2 (b)
  sss_cos(a,b,c)         SSS solve angle opposite side2    (b)
  ssa_acute(s,s2,a)      SSA solve angle opposite side2

Float Macros:
  ssa_obtuse(s,s2,a)
  sa_height(s,a)         Side Angle unknown base

etc