POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : OMG - it works!! : Re: OMG - it works!! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:05:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG - it works!!
From: clipka
Date: 29 Dec 2008 19:40:00
Message: <web.49596d3a5b5ba55bab169ede0@news.povray.org>
"Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Would you mind making the source available?  I have been experimenting with
> radiosity under 3.6 recently, and I've run into an odd, non-intuitive way of
> getting certain difficult to render scenes to trace correctly.  I also want to
> see how the recursive sampling does under MegaPov 1.2.1.

Whoops - somehow this post of yours slipped past me...

Tell me about those experiments - it may help me identify some more quirks in
the radiosity code.

> Since the images is still not very accurate and your settings seem to be fairly
> high (in comparison to what I use for most scenes), I think this would be a
> good test of some alternate methods.

Sure, give it a try. But promise to tell me about your results ;)

As it is now, it needs a texture named "Parquetry_plain.png", but I guess that
doesn't really matter, so you may want to replace it with a uniform pigment.
The original texture I use is too large to post it.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the_secret.zip' (291 KB)