POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PAV WIP : Re: PAV WIP Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PAV WIP
From: triple r
Date: 27 Dec 2008 02:45:00
Message: <web.4955dc38ed610a815b0666c50@news.povray.org>
"Chris" <lho### [at] nwlinkcom> wrote:
> The image shows a Personal Air Vehicle (PAV) that I have been working on for a
> while. It was created in Rhino and rendered using Flamingo Raytracer 2.0. This
> is my first serious attempt at using Flamingo. I still have a lot to add but
> since I haven't posted any images to this newsgroup for a while, I thought that
> this would be a good start. All comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Very cool.  Reminds me of a class project we worked on a while ago.
Unofficially, we called it the Personal Entertainment Recreational Vehicle, or
just "The Perv."  Not sure how serious a design, but between the ducted fans, a
relatively sophisticated control system, and a hefty powerplant since there's
not much for passive lift, it would be interesting to see what the weight would
have to come out too.  Perhaps a little on the heavy side?  Safety was also an
issue for our project since something so 'edgy' is bound to have mishaps.
Apparently deadly crashes make for horrible marketing, but I'd still buy
one--at least if I had a spare $100,000.

 - Ricky