POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Storage of Trace Level : Storage of Trace Level Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Storage of Trace Level
From: clipka
Date: 27 Dec 2008 00:45:00
Message: <web.4955c03d7ec493e8ac4fcf10@news.povray.org>
I'm currently fighting with the concept of the "trace level", or rather with the
current implementation thereof.

I think that storing the current trace level as an attribute of the "Trace"
object is a very, very, very stupid idea: It should actually be an attribute of
the "Ray" object, which would make the whole thing much easier to deal with. At
least for brains wired like mine.

The same goes for the radiosity "bounce level", which as - I am currently
finding out - has totally disappeared, and is my current main suspect for the
remaining issues with some pictures.

I'll take the freedom to try and attach that radiosity "bounce level" to the ray
object, and strongly advise doing the same for the classic "trace level".