POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainbow : Re: Rainbow Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow
From: Florian Siegmund
Date: 25 Dec 2008 07:45:00
Message: <web.49537edc619c0ff3d077d5680@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> > The image was rendered within one week
>
>    Wow! ...it's a shame I don't have the patience to use my own includes for
> such long projects. ;)
>
>    Very good work with the rainbows, both Mike and Florian. I've to agree
> with Florian that his one looks even more realistic due to the softer colors.

I have to admit that there's still a little problem with my rainbows. In nature
you hardly can see ones with such soft colors; They indeed are a bit brighter.
Especially the blue band appears too blurred to me. This is because I wrote
some functions by myself to approximate the CIE visible light spectrum. I've
also tried the original values without approximation, but there I did something
wrong, the rainbow showed up 'out of color'. Instead of white, it was ugly
yellowish :)
But one day I will sit down in front of my PC and will begin to write a
brandnew, much better code for the color spectrum.

Greetings, Flo