POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bathtub - take 2 : Re: Bathtub - take 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bathtub - take 2
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 20 Dec 2008 18:50:01
Message: <web.494d83ba6655db18c67b294d0@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure how you are applying the texture, but it's likely the uv mapping
> > that is causing you an issue as the pattern is not getting scaled as expected
>
> texture applied like any other ...
> #declare tileplaid =
> texture {
>     pigment { uv_mapping
>       gradient x
>       pigment_map{
>         [1/7 rgb 1][1/7 gradient y
>           colour_map{
>             [(1/7)*.5 rgb 1]
>             [(1/7)*.5 rgb <.6,.6,1> ]
>           }
>         ]
>       }
>       scale <1/160,1/20,1>*.7
>     }
>     finish { basic_finish }
> }
> #declare pool_box =
> difference {
>     box { <-8, -66.5, -8> <232, 0, 232> } // legoworld hole
>     box { <0, -65, 0> <224, 1, 224> }
>     texture { tileplaid }
>     translate <-8,0,-8>
> }
> union {
> object { pool_box }
> object { TQ_water2 }
> object { beachball scale 8.5 rotate z*45 rotate y*-55 translate <30,6.5,55> }
> translate y*4
> }
>

> You have been such a fantasic source on this, didn't mean to derail your thread.
> I could see someone had a clue on water.
>
> That is the code, 2:1 and 8:1, that made the image which all speaks for itself:
>
> I never expect perfection, but expect imperfection that is for me to... enhance.
> I hesitate to say perfect.

Not a problem. I always like to help.  (Unfortunatly my real work suffers when I
get preoccupied elsewhere...)

If you know the size of the pool box, then refer to uv_mapping in the docs to
see how it gets applied.  You should be able to work out the proportions and
mathematics from that.  I may do some more playing with it later when I get a
chance.

"3.5.7.1  Supported Objects"
This section shows how the texture gets sampled and applied to a box object.

-tgq