POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MegaPOV, POV 3.6 and Vista : Re: MegaPOV, POV 3.6 and Vista Server Time
28 Apr 2024 12:48:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV, POV 3.6 and Vista
From: Delfo
Date: 20 Dec 2008 09:30:01
Message: <web.494d015319f21a119a8e9ae80@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Delfo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I've noticed that the user interface
> > changes a bit (the buttons seem "older-style" than POV), but I don't know if it
> > means anything.
>
> The buttons themselves shouldn't. If they do, you have non-matching versions of
> POV and MegaPOV.
>
> The button / menu *bar* style may in fact change though; they do on my computer.
> This might depend on the version of Visual Studio C++ the binary was compiled
> with.
>

> > Maybe are there any settings in some .INI file that have to be
> > changed in order to run MegaPOV?
>
> No. MegaPOV supports a few more, but otherwise just extends POV. It also behaves
> exactly the same (or at least it should) unless you change the version statement
> in your scene.

Thanks a lot for all hints, but the solution was strange: I could get MegaPOV to
work by disabling visive themes for the file mpengine.exe
So, the things to do are the following (they are the same settings, which I had
found listed in another thread about running POV under Vista), I hope I haven't
forgot anything
- NEVER install the program in the Program Files directory
- for the file mpengine.exe
 - Disable visive themes
 - Compatibility mode XP/Service pack 2
 - Allow all authorization