POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bathtub - take 2 : Re: Bathtub - take 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bathtub - take 2
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Dec 2008 04:15:00
Message: <web.494770f46655db186dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I wasn't originally going to go in this direction, but with some of the comments
> on my previous render I ran through some alterations.
>
> -toned down the darkness of the water.  It still looks dark, but actually that
> is mostly due to environment reflection.
> -altered the waves of the water.  toned down the choppiness and added ripples
> -changed some of the faucet textures
> -changed the image plane (it is a image/bump map not procedural)
> -most importantly, added AA.  Only set to 0.3 but coame out pretty godd still.

I like it. That's a really good floor texture too, shame it's not procedural but
whatever gets the job done!

I also like the way the water is very realistic, but not in the way bath water
would be - instead, it looks like a an ocean viewed from the air, as if the
bathtub were kilometers wide (although that's obviously not the idea). I take
it this effect is deliberate?

Interested to see where this is going.

:)