POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MegaPOV, POV 3.6 and Vista : Re: MegaPOV, POV 3.6 and Vista Server Time
27 Apr 2024 21:00:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV, POV 3.6 and Vista
From: clipka
Date: 15 Dec 2008 22:40:00
Message: <web.494722b419f21a1191d1e1c0@news.povray.org>
"Delfo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi everybody, it's my first post here.
> I've recently started to mess around with POV 3.6, and I'd like to use also some
> of MegaPOV features. Unluckily, when I run Mega POV, the program uses to
> "freeze", either at the start, or when I start a render.
> I don't know if it is a system problem (my computer has Windows Vista) or a
> compatibility issue between MegaPOV and the 3.6 version, since MegaPOV was
> designed to be used with previous versions of POV...

Which version of MegaPOV are you using?

The current one (1.2.1) is actually based on POV 3.6 (3.6.1 to be precise), so
it should go along fine with that without any issues (and it does so on my
machine).

Anyway, I think the only binary code MegaPOV shares with POV are some
3rd-party-libs for image in- and output; you may want to try different output
file formats to see if that's the source of the problem.

You mention Vista. Are we talking about 32 or 64 bit here?