POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Dec 2008 14:35:00
Message: <web.4946b12280411eecf48316a30@news.povray.org>
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:03:37 -0800, Chambers wrote:

Unfortunately, free software means the source is available even to Windows
whinners to use because there will be always someone willing to port them to
Windows.

> > Fact is, for the foreseeable future, I'm writing Linux off and sticking
> > with Windows.

Whoa, now I feel a freeze down the spine!  Oh, it's just the chair...

> > credit for.  Over the last 10 years I've tried Linux several times, for
> > several reasons, and the longest I lasted with it was about two months.
> > It's never been worth the headaches involved, and unless something

I always suggest people look up compatibility lists before purchasing new
hardware to work with Linux or before installing it in their current gear.  90%
of whatever headaches just magically disappear.

> You keep talking about "headaches".  I've been using it for 12 years, and
> most of that time no headaches at all.

I've been using it as my sole home system for some 8 years.  No headaches except
in the very beggining when I was learning my way.  Today I even found Ubuntu
kinda boring for almost no challenging usability/bug issues...