POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calculating water flow : Re: Calculating water flow Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calculating water flow
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 12 Dec 2008 21:15:00
Message: <web.49431a03b440b799da29fa390@news.povray.org>
Some success, I think.

This is a return to my original method.  I rendered a 16 bit tga from the
original function, then made a render another 16 bit tga from a render where
the terrain was flat white and my water cones were black.

In a separate file, I subtract the second function from the first to create this
hf, here with a resolution of 2000x2000.  I achieved better results when I
blurred the water function a little.

It doesn't do any global erosion, but I think it does a nice job of making
gullies and rivers.  I could place a second hf without the erosion just
slightly below the first to fill in the rivulets with some kind of water
texture.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'together_a.jpg' (262 KB)