POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moss texture : Re: Moss texture Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moss texture
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Dec 2008 15:20:01
Message: <web.4941751447a82dd178dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Ok. I'm active on different fronts these days. Here I have written a moss
> texture, in combination with the copy and slight transform of the object,
> based on moss I have seen in the forests around my home. What do you think?
>
> Thomas

I think it needs arms and legs (looks like a square body with a head) .. heh
heh...

But seriously...

Looks quite nice, especially the dried-up areas contrasted with the more
greenish ones. I'm intrigued by the copy-and-transform thing you did. Am I
correct in assuming that a duplicate copy of the object has been translated
slightly upward and made somewhat transparent?  That's what my eyes tell me,
although the effect is very subtle.

Ken W.