POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma again : Re: Gamma again Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma again
From: SharkD
Date: 9 Dec 2008 20:55:00
Message: <web.493f20a584dfb9cc2c4b57320@news.povray.org>
In the latest beta I keep getting this error:

"Parse Warning: assumed_gamma is not supported in POV-Ray v3.7 and later SDL.
For compatibility purposes an assumed_gamma of 1.0 is taken to
mean gamma correction is on (which is also now the default setting). If you will
not be using this scene with older versions of POV-Ray it
is safe to remove the assumed_gamma statement. See the documentation for more
information regarding this change."

Where is the current methodology documented? I checked the help file and the
section on assumed_gamma seems to not have been changed.

-Mike