POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 17:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: nemesis
Date: 9 Dec 2008 00:50:01
Message: <web.493e068e80411eecdaf6be9f0@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> [...]

Seriously, have you guys ever heard of loadable kernel modules?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loadable_kernel_module

Linux has not been a purely monolithic kernel for, what, more than a decade?
And if you don't need something, just unload it, not recompile the friggin'
kernel.

I've never had the need to recompile any kernel, despite hardware upgrades.