POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : colour and texture : Re: colour and texture Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colour and texture
From: The FD
Date: 8 Dec 2008 08:50:00
Message: <web.493d2491a54ca8e0d3bf6faf0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Try pulling all the components of your scene apart (far enough so they don't
> touch anymore), and see if the problem with the washed-out colors still
> persists. If not, it is a CSG related effect. In that case, encapsulating all
> your single elements in a "merge" object could help.

Thank you for the quick reply clipka

From your advice :  when I only display the form from the "anglcap" macro and
when it is the only object in the scene, the problem is still here. So I have
reduced the code to its smaller part possible that encompasses the problem. (and
yes my objects do touch each others and are somehow connected through invisible
parts)

Part of the code that gives the whity undesired color:

  #include "colors.inc"   // Standard Color definitions
  #include "textures.inc"   // Standard Texture definitions
  #include "vaisseaux.inc"

  background { color Cyan }

light_source { <0, 15, -15> color White}

  camera {
    location <0, 0, -40>
    look_at  <0, 0, 0>
  }

  plane {<0,0,1>, 10
        pigment {color Grey}
        }

//anglcap(xpos,ypos,zpos,Size,xrot,yrot,zrot,r,g,b)
anglcap(10,10,0,2,0,0,0,1,0,0)

also reduced vaisseaux.inc from above:

//vaisseaux.inc

#macro anglcap(xpos,ypos,zpos,Size,xrot,yrot,zrot,r,g,b)
        sphere_sweep{ linear_spline 3,<0,0,0>,Size <2,0,0>,Size <2,-2,0>,Size
            texture{pigment{colour rgbt<r,g,b,0.7>}}
            clipped_by{box{<0,-2,0><10,10,-20>}}no_shadow
            rotate<xrot,yrot,zrot>
            translate<xpos,ypos,zpos>}
#end

I'll check what comes out of the merge thing.
again thank you
and sorry for being a beginner with a non-beginner problem :p