POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not yet finished... : Re: Not yet finished... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not yet finished...
From: Reactor
Date: 7 Dec 2008 16:45:01
Message: <web.493c42d3b07b868dec19d7120@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> My advice:
>
> - Do radiosity calculations in a separate shot (using the save_file/load_file
> mechanism) WITHOUT the area light (i.e. just a point light) (and of course
> without focal blur)

STRONGLY AGREE
I learned this the hard way fairly recently, while working on a scene that was
under a bridge.  It was almost entirely lit by indirect light, and, after many
tests, I quickly discovered that the difference in radiosity between a point
and area light is very slight.  In some cases where it could be more, I have
used a very low density area light (like 6*6) and saved the radiosity data,
then loaded it with the full area light to save time.

Anyway, that is a nifty image. I like the idea of taking the RSOC and
reinterpreting it.

Reactor