POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : No new images for 5 days? : Re: No new images for 5 days? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No new images for 5 days?
From: SharkD
Date: 6 Dec 2008 06:55:00
Message: <web.493a67cddaef02f6ba19b81b0@news.povray.org>
> You need to use MegaPOV for this; POV-Ray 3.6 doesn't support HDR images at all.
> MegaPOV has a spherical camera and can output .hdr images, which can be used as
> environment maps to illuminate a scene.
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2.1/megapov0121.html#hdr_write
>
> and
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2.1/megapov0121.html#tutorials_hdri
>
> :-)

Heh. I tried reading the tutorials you linked to and have to admit I have no
idea what is going on. Are you rendering an initial image and then wrapping it
around the scene in a sphere? Wouldn't this in effect limit the possible shapes
of the scene to something that can fit well inside a sphere? The scene I have
rendered is rectangular, and there are few or no objects of interest outside
this rectangle.

-Mike