POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 29 not starting on windows? : Re: beta 29 not starting on windows? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 29 not starting on windows?
From: Simon Grimshaw
Date: 1 Dec 2008 05:45:01
Message: <web.4933bf72432ac749d99799340@news.povray.org>
"SiGrimshaw" <sig### [at] yahoocouk> wrote:
> "Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>
> > What type of processor are you running on?  Does it support SSE2?
>
> Intel T2500 Core Duo, so yes it supports SSE2.

Further to the above issues, I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP
Home, then gradually reinstalled the various bits of software I was running
until the problems with POV-ray occurred again.  It turns out that the issue is
caused by Google Desktop, and it's beyond simply GD running: if I exit GD, POV
beta 29 will not start (either the SSE2 version or not).  If I uninstall GD,
then POV beta 29 will start and run successully.  POVray 3.6 is unaffected by
GD and starts successfully regardless.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Best,
Simon