POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chrome man failing at checkered floor WIP : Re: Chrome man failing at checkered floor WIP Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chrome man failing at checkered floor WIP
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 20 Nov 2008 06:10:01
Message: <web.4925451726f96c073ca6bcbe0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > I'd love to get some advice on the bones, so I'll add a screenshot from
> > LSM in
> > the next post. It takes some time to get used to LSM and the response from
> > the
> > gui is a bit strange sometimes, but it's great to be able to pose your own
> > models!
>
> Cool idea and I love the man!  BTW I don't know if you've used Blender, but
> this has bones support built in.  The GUI is also a bit strange sometimes if
> you're used to standard Windows programs, but once you're used to it it's
> fine.

Thanks!
Yes I've tried bender a few times, but never seem to stick with it. The main
reason for why lionsnake is so interesting to me, is the ability to control the
bones from pov, and therefore being able to make animations with models from
wings. I don't know if blender can do that?
A big challenge is creating a mesh which will handle bones well.

-Peter