POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Comfortable editor for POV-Ray under Debian Linux? : Re: Comfortable editor for POV-Ray under Debian Linux? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:06:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comfortable editor for POV-Ray under Debian Linux?
From: gregjohn
Date: 16 Nov 2008 22:15:01
Message: <web.4920e0e99130285e34d207310@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > As a side note, how do I set other editors in Windows to automatically render a
> > file using POV-Ray? My favorite editors are Notepad++ and to a lesser extent
> > SciTE.
> >
> > -Mike
>
> In fact, this would make a good wiki article, so if anyone has any tips on using
> POV-Ray in conjunction with a (any) text editor on any platform, please post
> them here.
>
> -Mike

This is what I do in linux:
Use Kate, which allows for multiple tabbed files to be open.
Have one file be "zini.ini" which calls out the Input File and scene settings to
be used.
Keep one Konsole open which has a previous command of "povray zini.ini" in it.
When I want to render, I go to the Konsole, hit up arrow and enter. (That's one
extra mouse click to switch to Konsole and two keystrokes, just a little bit
less convenient than POV-Ray for Windows' "Render" button.)