POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Too much free time? : Re: Too much free time? Server Time
30 Sep 2024 07:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too much free time?
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Nov 2008 10:25:01
Message: <web.49203ae7bae362ec136aecae0@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ikbWwQ2dI
> >
> > Very nice.  And at least I found the name of the Nokia tune composer:  Francisco
> > Tarrega.  Of course, it's just a melody line from some music he wrote.
>
> I guess they don't invent new notes any more, eh? ;-)
>
> It just amused me that somebody would sit down to write a fugue out of 3
> notes...

Yes, and it's interesting to note the ladder-like pattern of the melody in the
graphics. :)

Anyway, complex fugues generally employ simple melodic patterns, then, just make
it sound in 3/4 voices at the same time, inverted, bottom-up and so forth.  One
of the most complex was written by Beethoven for the end of his Hammerklavier
piano sonata, the whole work a complete masterpiece.