POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta29 isosurface badly broken : Beta29 isosurface badly broken Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Beta29 isosurface badly broken
From: Sven Geier
Date: 13 Nov 2008 17:25:01
Message: <web.491ca8f6551ce61b5b4449250@news.povray.org>
As a bit of a followup on the f_crackle posts from earlier, a bunch of tinkering
finds that much of 'isosurface' appears pretty broken in 3.7b29.

To me at least.

To the point where I'm wondering whether it's just me (the "surely someone else
would have noticed that" effect)

Could someone confirm or deny that the following produces something rather
different from what one might assume simply by looking at the code.

Thanks.

// ---------------
camera {
  location <.1,2,-2>
  look_at   <0, -.4, 0> }
sky_sphere{pigment{color rgb <.2,.4,.6>}}
cone {
  1*y,  0.0, 0*y, .3
   pigment {color rgb 10}
}
isosurface { function { 2*sqrt(x*x+z*z)+y-1  }
   pigment { hexagon scale .1  }
}

(For reference: I would expect a bright cone completely enclosed/obscured by a
larger hexagon-colored cone).