POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Villa WIP 2 : Re: Villa WIP 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Villa WIP 2
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 13 Nov 2008 08:05:00
Message: <web.491c25042be205f1a5d4a01d0@news.povray.org>
"TC" <do-not-reply@i-do get-enough-spam-already-2498.com> wrote:
> Great picture! Congratulations!

Thanks!

> Which macros did you use for the grass and the trees?

I used POV-Tree for the trees, using one of the deciduous trees and tweaking the
branches until it looked like Italian Cyprus.  I just used a simple macro I
wrote myself for the grass.  It uses a function to determine the height of the
grass, so there are short areas and long areas with natural transitions between
them.