POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Imagining things : Re: Imagining things Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imagining things
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 10 Nov 2008 14:05:02
Message: <web.49188525e0386170a5d4a01d0@news.povray.org>
Thanks, everyone!

> People will be disappointed with the real building after this ;)
>
> BTW, it lead me to wonder how one could specify a texture
> in POV-Ray which is 100% transparent and *additionally* has
> energy coming from diffuse lighting. I know that reflection
> will be added unless you use conserve_energy, but diffuse?

Originally I had attempted to render the whole thing in one pass, including the
building.  I used 100% transparency and a specular with high roughness--which
is not quite diffuse lighting, but might be close enough depending on what you
want.  The problem for me was that even the back faces of the building were
visible, and it was very difficult to understand what you were looking at.