POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Leaves : Re: Leaves Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Leaves
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 8 Nov 2008 00:15:01
Message: <web.49151fadb807850b35f945a30@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> > The front lighting (which is the easy part, to be honest) is looking OK.
> > Attached is a render based on your leaf "test pattern".
>
> This is looking very good indeed. I am curious to see your progress in
> translucency.

This is what I've got so far for the interior, but it's still not good enough
yet to paste between the top and bottom layers of the leaf.

It looks like the media route is much simpler, but I'll have a bit more of a
play and see if I can improve the micro-normal method.

> Thomas

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'translucent_leaves.jpg' (139 KB)

Preview of image 'translucent_leaves.jpg'
translucent_leaves.jpg