POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : something strange outside... : Re: something strange outside... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something strange outside...
From: RobF
Date: 3 Nov 2008 22:40:01
Message: <web.490fc32594d8ad732d55026c0@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Interesting to see so much different opinions on one simple part. To me
> the cell phone woman looks like a cardboard, IMHO there is something
> wrong with the aspect ratio. Most notably in the upper part of the
> figure. I might be biased by knowledge, but when I first read the
> comment all that remained was that the foreground people were not
> cardboard. After deciding that also the phone woman looked like
> cardboard I reread and saw Rob mentioned the foreground *couple*.
>
> Question to Rob: are all cardboards perpendicular to the line of sight?
> and if not did you stretch the images to correct for that angle?

Yes, the billboards are y-axis rotated to be perpendicular to the camera.
However, what you may have noticed is that the person was rendered with an
orthographic projection (which was easier to setup that a perspective
projection).

I experimented with a perspective projection which gave a more three dimensional
appearance, IMHO.

I've attached an image for comparison

More info about the billboards is here:
http://fitzel.ca/dart/crowds/crowds.html

Thanks for the feedback!

Rob.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'billboard.vs.model.jpg' (248 KB)

Preview of image 'billboard.vs.model.jpg'
billboard.vs.model.jpg