POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RC Prop Image, help on wood texture : Re: RC Prop Image, help on wood texture Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC Prop Image, help on wood texture
From: P Brewer
Date: 30 Oct 2008 19:10:00
Message: <web.490a3dc02abe9258916e2c9f0@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I have to say that's an amazing metal texture you have there, complete
> with micro-ridges and such.  Is it an image map or is mcpov providing
> some finer texturing or lighting features?

mcpov really helps out with the anti-aliasing, but here is the texture for the
brushed metal. It was better than I hoped it would turn out.

   texture {
    pigment{ colour rgb 1 }
    finish{ ambient 0 diffuse .8 specular .8 roughness .1 brilliance 2 metallic
reflection {.35} }
    normal{ waves 0.35 frequency 2 scale 0.004 turbulence .2 }
   }